PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 6th Jan 2018, 10:57
HabuHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Hawkeye787;10010889]Jetconnect pilots would love the t&cs of the mainline agreement but would generally not be willing to uproot their lifestyle and be based in Australia to achieve it which is the only way it would go down, no one on mainline gets to choose their basing from day 1.

The group are generally happy with NZ terms (days off aside) with a NZ basing (especially WLG).

I feel the captains are going to votes yes and the FO's with ambition to eventually work in Mainline will vote no naievely hoping the company will give them a QF seniority #. If ALPA AIPA QF and JC don't want it how can it happen?[/QUOTE

Hawkeye, you seem to be confusing the issue of the CEA vote and the proposed move to be under the QF AOC.

No one is saying vote NO to the CEA because you should hold out for QF mainline conditions.... you should vote NO because the JC pilots are the lowest paid jet pilots flying across the Tasman. You have no bidding rights, you don’t get a meal or even provided with water when you duty pax on Jetstar, you don’t get credits for paxing or ground duties including sims, you haven’t had a pay rise in years etc etc etc! Also, this CEA introduces a B scale for new F/Os which is pretty low in my opinion.
I don’t get why anyone would vote yes, it’s a crap CEA, and there’s NO down side to a NO vote. Send it back to be reworked and improved. And you have to ask yourself what’s the rush all of a sudden after 2 years of stalling.

As far as getting mainline seniority numbers and mainline terms and conditions, AIPA have stated that that is one of their prefered options to deal with the issue of JC pilots flying VH mainline aircraft. And you’ve stated yourself that the JC pilots would love the mainline T &Cs. It’s only the company that want you on “local” conditions. If you do end up in mainline, I doubt if QF would close the NZ bases, so no one will be forced to move.