PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air pax exits overwing ..
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2018, 15:15
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightstop
The Homeless use FR often for commuting. Beg for while, buy a late night return. Sleep in a Terminal downroute somewhere for the night, facilities provided FOC. Return next morning, beg again and so on.
Oh so you mean The Homeless are almost as transient as aircrew, except the beds are not as comfortable, and The Homeless Beggars are surprisingly wealthy enough to pay for their flying at short notice, or did you mean they plan it and their cashflow budgeting weeks in advance to get the cheap overnight prices? I notice you use a capital 'H' - in worshipful manner ? I've added a Big B for rasBerry on that

And what is the story thesedays in EU regarding inbound and outbound contamination between passengers? One airport I use very regularly has it happening by design in a long corridor adjacent to the apron all airside of passport control. The only thing stopping FR inbound pax turning on their heel and flying back is the lack of a boarding pass to show cabin crew at the top of the aircraft steps, and they could even bypass that if they had conspired with an outbound passenger and either swapped places or displayed the outbound passenger's boarding pass on a second phone.

Thinking about it, this also would risk the scenario where an outbound passenger who had checked in a bag did not to fly - he need only turn on his heel after passport control and join the inbound queue, and show his passport again at a different desk as he exited.

Actually I raised this with airport security some months ago when they'd removed a wall (permanently it now seems) and created the situation. I got a blank response. Maybe we don't actually worry about such things anymore, else CCTV, facial recognition software, and passport scanning is all seamlessly integrated across EU and Schengen, and uniformed officers would come running the moment we step out of line?

And Communication? You mean like we still have to think outside the systems boxes and engage brain and speak to the great unwashed too?

Glad the Polish asthmatic got his air and didn't hurt himself.

Regular passengers notice all the foibles, opportunities and inconsistencies, and so they notice that top hinged 738 wing exits don't actually require much to close again, so no harm done really, eh?

Lessons learned all round we hope ...

Last edited by slip and turn; 5th Jan 2018 at 15:32.