PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern premier league stadium/nearby airfield
Old 5th Jan 2018, 02:17
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by piperboy84
Thanks but looking at Northern clubs that are closer and where I can show up on the day and buy a ticket at the turnstyle, as buying in advance not knowing the weather could be a waste of money. I did it a few years back at Hull and it worked out well.
I've been to Stamford Bridge several times as a Fulham supporter and they've always been selling tickets at the box office, (Fulham likewise but you want a Premier League game don't you) unlike at the Emirates where there is always a sign saying 'Tickets for tonight's game sold out'.
Did you know Chelsea owes it existence to Fulham? After Craven Cottage was built, the developers (yes they had them in the 19th century) wanted to build houses along the riverside, so they purchased another tract of land off Fulham Broadway suitable for a stadium and offered it to Fulham. Fulham said no thanks, they were happy where they were, so the developers were left with a tract of land on which they couldn't build houses (don't know why). Instead it was decided to form another football club which they called Chelsea.

They sell delicious roast beef baps at Chelsea by the way.