PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 23:48
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by balance
Zilcho, I suggest you either re-read your accusatory post, or Google straw man yourself, because you're obviously having a few problems there...
Ok.

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

The Gympie Ultralight Club has no association with Qantas. Yet. But I hear that AJ is eyeing them closely. He believes they would be good candidates to undercut those pesky JC guys that are asking too much. You get my point now, or are you just gonna keep playing dumb?
Sounds like a Straw Man argument to me.

You mention a mate that was on hold with Air NZ for 7 years? Tell me, was he kept there because others undercut him? So I ask you, so what about your mate?

They may get a start at QF, but it will 50 - 60 numbers lower, and the consequences to that are obvious.
Like I said, short sighted. You're worried about your mates number (and yes, I know it's important), but how many "slots" would your mates lose if QF management decided to grow JC with the VH tails? As someone else has already pointed out, JC might not be able to do Domestic, but a VH tail gives them access to more than just the Tasman.

As for "undercutting" (again, focused on the short term), whose to say AIPA don't negotiate for JC to get placed on bottom of the list below those on the active hold file? How do you know your mates wont get a start before any of this even happens?!

You say I have angst towards JC pilots? How do you figure that? I have no angst towards them? THAT my friend, is a straw man argument. You throw out something that I didn't say, and expect me to argue it?
Yet a bunch of guys who would gladly undercut their grandmother demand that THEY be given that right instead?
Undercutting their Grandmothers? Doesn't sound like you hold them in very high regard now does it?

Seriously? Good grief. I'm not short sighted, nor am I focused on mates with a Yes letter. Sorry fella, that little gem doesn't work at all. By saying something ridiculous like that, you make it clear you have no concept of what I am saying. Which doesn't phase me at all by the way...
Every response you've made has focused on mates seniority. You've failed to address how JC going onto the VH register could be managed while protecting the entire QF Pilot group.

Stop being a smart ar$e and start listening to some who have been around for a while. You mention that you are sitting in an A320, but I note you didn't say LHS, which you would be quick to point out if you were.
No, I am not in the LHS (I didn't realize we were measuring). I'm at a Legacy Carrier and it's not my first rodeo. Hopefully not long to go now, although the RHS of a 787 is looking rather appealing.

I guess you missed my subtle hints that Air NZ Pilots went through a similar situation with Freedom Air. The end result was integration rather than segregation.

Originally Posted by blance
Anyhoo, I have no interest in continuing this. It really doesn't mean that much to me. Enjoy your A320, dude. Airbus make a beautiful aeroplane... :-)