PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 22:58
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Where'e my Straw man Balance?

You keep mentioning the Gympie Ultralight Club, so tell me, what's their association to QF? Are they wearing QF uniforms, flying QANTAS branded 737's and about to change AOC's onto the VH register? Didn't think so. JC is a unique operation in the QF group.

You've got mates on the hold file? Congratulations. We've all got mates on a hold file somewhere. Mate of mine sat on the hold file at Air NZ for nearly 7 years. Welcome to Aviation.

Perhaps when your mates finally get a start at QF, they would rejoice in the fact that there's another 50-60 737 Command and FO positions available due to the integration of a group Airline. Because they'll get start with QF regardless of what happens with JC.

This is the short-sightedness I'm referring to. You're so focused on your mates with a "Yes" letter and angst towards JC that you've lost all sight of the bigger picture.

If JC remains a separate entity those jobs are forever lost to mainline Pilots. Worse still, the VH rego opens up more routes for them ex Australia, potentially taking MORE positions away from Mainline (which will hurt your mates careers in mainline).

As for what seat I'm sitting in? Well it's a ZK registered A320 and I'm thankful it's not yellow with Freedomair.com plastered on the side.

-Edit-

Actually Balance, I should ask, what's your desired outcome here? You're clearly opposed to JC getting put on the Mainline seniority list so what's your alternative? Keep them separate? Sack them all?