PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 22:30
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
What a load of . Ever heard of a Straw man? Go on, have a google

I don't have a dog in this race either, but some of the rubbish thrown around in this thread begs addressing.

If JC were to remain on their NZ AOC, with ZK Rego'd Aircraft then there is absolutely no valid argument to give them a QF Seniority number. But that's not whats happening, is it? JC are getting VH tails....

So as a Collective Pilot group, what's the best outcome? No doubt, bringing the JC operation back into Mainline... QANTAS Planes, QANTAS Pilots and all that Jazz. But it's already been pointed out (possibly in another thread) that the QF 737 operation is in dire need of crew, and could not possibly take over the Tasman.... hrmmm, wonder where they could find some 737 qualified Pilots to do the job?

What's that? They haven't jumped through the same HR hoops as other QF Pilots? Well then, how many QF Pilots have gone through the Current recruitment process? Should they all be asked to re-interview for their positions after 30+ years in the Airline because HR didn't even exist back in their day? Give me a break. We all despise the modern day HR process... why give it any validation now?

Give the JC Pilots a QF Sim ride along with a Route check (would be a CASA requirement anyway with the change of AOC) and when they're successful, throw them on the bottom of the QF list.

Honestly, from where I'm sitting, this is the only (and best) opportunity to shift the jobs back into Mainline. It's already been established that QF cannot afford to lose the JC Pilots at this time, so any other scenario which sees JC exist as a separate entity sets a precedent for foreign pilots flying VH, QF tails.

What's the lesser evil? Absorbing that company into the fold, or allowing it to exist on it's own, to be used as a bargaining threat every CEA? Freedom was incorporated into Air NZ and now it's nothing more than a bad memory. Sure there's a few hurt feelings and the odd stone got thrown, but that's behind us now. Think big picture, rather than focusing (with spite) on a handful of pilots who might happen to be in the right place at the right time and benefit from a merger.
Honestly, you gotta laugh sometimes at people on PPrune. The irony of someone arrogantly telling you you're using the straw man argument, then using the straw man argument themselves! Hilarious!

Mate, I know a bunch of really good pilots that are on the QF hold file right now. They've passed the testing, they've earned the right. Yet a bunch of guys who would gladly undercut their grandmother demand that THEY be given that right instead?

Why give the current HR process validation now? Because it is all we've got. Surely you don't expect they will just open the floodgates and let any Joe in?

I've no idea from where you're sitting, but it doesn't sound like you were / are in mainline, nor is it any of my business. I'd bet vital parts of my anatomy, if you were on the QF hold file you'd be a bit p1ssed.

You tell me to think big picture, and not worry about a handful of pilots from JC? Okies, given that you are prone to lecturing me about things, how about you google the word precedent? Because each handful of pilots that get a seniority number = precedent. It's JC today, Gympie Ultralight Club tomorrow? Where does it end? The tolerance of one creates precedent.

The best outcome? Well, there's no good outcome unless you are a CEO or a HR manager, but to my mind giving the JC guys a QF seniority number is the thin end of the wedge and will realize far worse results.

And my friend, if you think what I say is , well I just don't care. This has been happening for a long time now, it is still happening, and just because you say , doesn't detract from the fact that it is happening. Maybe you should google the ostrich "head in the sand" concept too...

Have a nice day!