PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2018, 22:22
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything was shuffled so IAG are now in South. easyJet got the rule of the roost at North to end the split terminal operation.
So yes there is CTA/Domestic arrivals area at South but it’s all bussing now. Can’t believe they built a whole new Pier 1 and didn’t manage a basic CTA arrivals flow!
Just experienced a BA South Terminal arrival from Edinburgh. Appalling. Normally with a bussed arrival you fill the first bus then it leaves etc but oh no, the first bus was filled but then waited until all pax disembarked and left last so the club pax who were off first arrived at domestic arrivals last. Wonderful. At domestic arrivals you have to climb four flights of stairs (you can stand in a very long queue for the lift if you wish). Following a departure from EDI where the airbridge wasn’t used so queued on the ramp in the rain and cold it was a totally 3rd world experience except in the 3rd world it would have been warm. No coincidence both airports under the same ownership and a great example of why LGW should not be entrusted with London’s next runway and if BA serious about domestic Club at LGW they need to get their act in gear.
South Terminal Domestic Arrivals
Could not agree more! Domestic / CTA Arrivals is a joke. There must be circa 2mppa using what is basically a fire escape. The domestic product needs some serious investment. The contrast between Heathrow and LGW is huge. Now avoid LGW domestic if I can.
It's a national embarrasment!

The bussing arrangements for domestic arrivals at LGW go back at least as far as early 2015. I thought the new Pier 1 at LGW was going to include direct access to domestic baggage reclaim, but obviously it hasn't happened.
You'd think so wouldn't you, the old domestic pier was a disgrace, new one appears no better.....

I'm now doing international arrivals every week at the South terminal and, on balance, I think I prefer the domestic arrivals experience.
Says it all!

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 4th Jan 2018 at 22:23. Reason: typo