PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 21:53
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by balance
The bigger, stronger, less fragmented body you speak of? Yeah, sure. Lets give the Gympie North Ultralight Club QF seniority numbers, shall we?
What a load of . Ever heard of a Straw man? Go on, have a google

I don't have a dog in this race either, but some of the rubbish thrown around in this thread begs addressing.

If JC were to remain on their NZ AOC, with ZK Rego'd Aircraft then there is absolutely no valid argument to give them a QF Seniority number. But that's not whats happening, is it? JC are getting VH tails....

So as a Collective Pilot group, what's the best outcome? No doubt, bringing the JC operation back into Mainline... QANTAS Planes, QANTAS Pilots and all that Jazz. But it's already been pointed out (possibly in another thread) that the QF 737 operation is in dire need of crew, and could not possibly take over the Tasman.... hrmmm, wonder where they could find some 737 qualified Pilots to do the job?

What's that? They haven't jumped through the same HR hoops as other QF Pilots? Well then, how many QF Pilots have gone through the Current recruitment process? Should they all be asked to re-interview for their positions after 30+ years in the Airline because HR didn't even exist back in their day? Give me a break. We all despise the modern day HR process... why give it any validation now?

Give the JC Pilots a QF Sim ride along with a Route check (would be a CASA requirement anyway with the change of AOC) and when they're successful, throw them on the bottom of the QF list.

Honestly, from where I'm sitting, this is the only (and best) opportunity to shift the jobs back into Mainline. It's already been established that QF cannot afford to lose the JC Pilots at this time, so any other scenario which sees JC exist as a separate entity sets a precedent for foreign pilots flying VH, QF tails.

-edit-

Each time a new company with lesser T's and C's is acquired, each time someone else demands to be included on the QF seniority list, each time a fracture appears, the executives giggle with glee, and give themselves a mouth watering bonus.

And I don't think there is a way to stop it.
What's the lesser evil? Absorbing that company into the fold, or allowing it to exist on it's own, to be used as a bargaining threat every CEA? Freedom was incorporated into Air NZ and now it's nothing more than a bad memory. Sure there's a few hurt feelings and the odd stone got thrown, but that's behind us now. Think big picture, rather than focusing (with spite) on a handful of pilots who might happen to be in the right place at the right time and benefit from a merger.

Last edited by ElZilcho; 4th Jan 2018 at 22:03.