PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 21:41
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
I’ve watched things spiral for the last twenty as well, but I can see things changing mainly because I see an opportunity to be slightly more united as a pilot group than we have been for decades. Tsk tsk what a silly attitude.
PS, although your example of the Gympie North Ultralight club was banal it’s worth considering what would happen if a small move in that direction was made. Would T’s and C’s improve if AIPA had more bargaining power or would they get worse?
Banal the example might have been, but T's and C's cannot improve whilst this happens. It is dilution of the product, pure and simple. Pilots in Australia WILL NEVER form a common entity, it's just not in their nature. Therefore they will be easy prey for the predator.

At least whilst the QF guys were at the "top of the food chain" as it were, there was a standard set, a measuring stick. Now that measuring stick is being filed away, and it is getting smaller by the day. Each time a new company with lesser T's and C's is acquired, each time someone else demands to be included on the QF seniority list, each time a fracture appears, the executives giggle with glee, and give themselves a mouth watering bonus.

And I don't think there is a way to stop it.