PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2018, 05:13
Dick Smith

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Lead Balloon, you have made the following statement:

I agree with your implicit point that it’s difficult-if-not impossible to pin Dick down on the all-important devilish-detail of the system he is advocating. He’s his own worst enemy some times.
Lead Balloon, why don’t you pick up the phone and talk to me? The “all-important devilish-detail” simply can’t be explained on PPRuNe. It is quite childish the way this goes on with this site.

We are supposed to have an office of airspace management that should be coming up with some leadership on this issue. Can you believe it, they are not even game to talk to me.

I spoke to Mr Shane Carmody on the phone and offered to give a briefing to his airspace people on what the plans were over the years. He wrote back and basically said, “If we need you, we will ask you.”

It is quite obvious that most of the people at CASA have absolutely no idea in relation to airspace. They have never experienced overseas airspace. They have been put into positions where you need strong leadership and ability to be able to copy the best, however they don’t seem to have those abilities. What a pity.

Then again, maybe they just need some better leadership at the top.