PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 12:57
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
I notice no one has found the deliberate error. It’s the frequency after 45 dme syd I’m told.

Appears the frequency listed is the class E one for above 8500’.

Easy error because casa reversed the FAA colours. Green for G and brown for E. Opposite in North America

To be honest I didn't go looking at specific frequencies, I just looked at your route and the changeovers to see if it really was as difficult as you claim. Then I found other simpler routes with negligible distance additions that cut down on your despised frequency changes. A question for you, with your fancy GPS (that not all of us have), how often does the nearest ATC frequency change for you on said flight?

Also, just because you haven't had to announce as traffic to someone, or vice versa, does not mean that your experience is the same as everyone else's. Your experience may vary. Just like ADSB- plenty of us have had benefit from its installation.

If you are wanting to copy "the best" being USA, are you wanting to bring their RTF standards here too? God I hope not.

P.S I've not heard one pilot say they are giving up because the frequency changes are too hard. ASIC, medical, constant rule-set changes that make life actually difficult (part 61 etc) are the sorts of things that are driving people away. Put your efforts here into changing this (oh change, I said a dirty word!) and you'll probably have a lot more support from people; and a better GA industry.

Last edited by Car RAMROD; 3rd Jan 2018 at 13:10.