PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Payments due
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 11:03
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Trafalgar
Just to be 'clear'. I didn't say I 'could not pay my tax bill'. I said that I have been cheated out of a months salary that I normally would have used to cover a portion of my tax bill
But this "month's salary" you refer to is a discretionary bonus, is it not?

Relying on that to pay some of your tax bill is like planning your approach based on the hope that there will be a 2,000ft/min thermal for the last 1/2 mile before touchdown and then blaming the weather when you stack it into the undershoot...

You claim that the fuel hedging was a management decision which pilots shouyld not have to pay for. But you would presumably be happy to take a bonus resulting from the performance of the non-pilot activities (sales, check-in staff, baggage handling, freight factoring, maintenance, facilities mgmt etc etc).

You are in a job where for every employed ATPL there are a dozen who would leap at the chance to train for it, and all you do is constantly whinge about how the aircraft captains (clearly the only people in the airline who do anything - you seem to think every one of your non-captain colleagues is unfit to lick your boots) are sufferiung as a result of their own rank stupidity. If ypou don't like it you are free to go and do something else. I gather Bradford has openings for dustmen - that might be more aligned to your attitudes.