PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REDUCING THE CHANCES-OF STUFF-UPS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 01:46
FAR CU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if young Hop Harrigan wants (and really wants) to learn to fly , shows some aptitude , has voluntarily read up on the subject, both technically and historically, can afford the training and can commit to the discipline of potentially a lifetime's self-education, then fling wide the doors and welcome him in. But there is a proviso. No candidate should pass through those portals who has not been thoroughly and rigorously assessed as suitable. Said assessment panel should be elected by all in the industry (current or retired) who indicate that they would like a say.

Were I asked to nominate five people who might accept an invitation to be nominated to act in the suggested role, that would be a hard one. I do know personally three who would be eminently suitable, due to their long involvement in civil aviation in various roles, and who have consistently shown themselves to have little or no bias, but see the failings of the system clearly, at all levels of inefficiency and malpractice.The ones I have in mind could be described as intelligent , modest, self-effacing even, witty, disarmingly truthful always, and extremely thorough in all they undertake. Whats more, they have in common a vested interest and concern for what kind of a world and society their offspring will live in.