PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Looking Forward" to a Pilotless Future
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 00:52
Highflyer3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol I remember playing droughts with my iPod in 2008 against AI and loosing... hasn’t changed than much. Additionally I’m not sure what AI will do after a total electric failure, or when little kimmys team of hackers in North Korea hack them. So far in my life I haven’t seen a driverless car (a thing that goes forwards backwards left and right) or a driverless train (something that goes forwards and backwards.) Planes may becomre automated in 30 to 50 years but it will happen slowly a pilots will disappear SLOWLY. Also if you listen to the Boeing VP interview he makes it clear that it’s an option in case we need it for commercial aviation. Additionally airbus said they’re looking at making autonomy for sign pilot operation, they have said they’re looking at how to develop AI but haven’t directly said they’re working on a pilotless future (It’s just the stupid media trying to earn money.) I also havet seen a single concept or future design without pilots. I’m sure we will see Unmanned cargo and fuel planes, and urban air taxis etc but it’ll be quite a long time untill pilots are non existent. Like ADFUS said by then humans will have lost most jobs anyway by then.

(And also where did you hear EASA working in the testing requirements for autonomous aircraft?)

Last edited by Highflyer3; 3rd Jan 2018 at 15:12.