PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air pax exits overwing ..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2018, 19:14
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a reason for every delay.
There's rarely, if ever, a reason to keep passengers in the dark about the reason.

Biggest cause of Pax rage is lack of communication. They are the fare paying customers, yet are too often treated like school children with a 'sit down and keep quite' attitude. It is a lack of respect, plain & simple.

Last night 28/12/17 0100 Easyjet cancelled the out bound Glasgow flight. The pax had been kept waiting 5 hours to find this out. Who informed the somewhat grumpy pax, the Captain of the inbound got out the cockpit walked up the jet bridge and personally explained over the tannoy exactly why the cancellation had happened (out of hours) he then stated he would remain at the desk to answer any questions. Well done that man.
P.S. one female pax had collapsed in the crowd, first aid administered not by STN but the crew on the arriving aircraft who should of been off home.
Well done.

Guy deserved a round of applause and a company 'Well done'. In the former case there was wrong on both sides and both parties need re-educating in how to perform their respective roles. What I've noticed in airline training is a lack of basic PR training and communication with passengers. There is lots of CRM training amongst the crew, but not so much between crew & pax; there is lots of anger management and dealing with conflict in the cabin. That is reactive not proactive. Which is better? It is so simple & basic and must be trained and emphasised. It should not be left to 'good luck' that the captain or purser has some gumption and common sense. Training departments need to widen their scope and imagination.