PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amazing Opportunity within Employee Experience Department
Old 2nd Jan 2018, 16:44
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's even worse than that. Even many of our FO's are deficient in handling/thinking skills (and i'm not saying all of them. If you are one of the 'good ones', then don't resent my observation as it's based on my own experience of what I witness). I have had flights where you have two inexperienced SO's and a questionable FO. I am not here to condemn the individuals, but a company and it's management that feels it's appropriate to operate large airliners with the majority of pilots on the crew consisting of individuals with low, or minimum 'experience' (in fact, a newly checked out SO really has NO experience). Very comforting to think that they are sitting there completely alone when the other pilot takes a toilet break ! Especially when that same SO doesn't even know his QRH memory items in the event of emergency. I suggest that there is a very large hole in the swiss cheese, a hole big enough to fly an airliner through...right into the ground. The public deserve better, but the powers-that-be (our management and a feckless CAD regulator) seem to suggest that a reputation doesn't have to be backed up with substance. The inevitable will result, and the managers responsible will be held to account. If some of you don't like what i've just posted, no regrets, the truth is what it is (and has been carefully documented). CX has fallen a long way from what they were in the 90's, and they are still falling. Greed, ignorance and arrogance. All the qualities of our management being manifested in the above facts. Read and weep.