View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2018, 12:04
  #20 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lancashire & Florida
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by rudestuff View Post
It all changed in July. It's now quite straightforward to get an FAA certificate validated for use on EASA aircraft (indefinitely or until a BASA is agreed).
You just need a chat with an FE to make sure your knowledge of Air law & ATC is up to scratch (or take the exam) - and send in SRG2140
I'm just about to begin this procedure, I'm a FAA ticket holder, and for the past 6 yrs I've been splitting my time between the UK and Florida (8 weeks home, 8 weeks across the pond) so didn't worry about flying in the UK as I was able to log lots of hours while in Florida.

But with work changes I'm only going to see Florida maybe twice a year for 3 or maybe 4 weeks per trip. So I now want to fly in the UK.

I'll report back once I've jumped through the hoops with the SRG2140
alland2012 is offline