PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 02:51
RW-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also agree, and have said in the past that if I took a job for what high timers would consider undermining them, that that job was a step up for me, both in pay, and actually flying for a living.

Quandry: one needs hours.

Hours are offered, some I pay to get, others I'll take for "free", not really free, I'm logging legitamite time in my book, no armchair
time for this lad.

So I take it, and get scoffed by high time pilots who wouldn't accept that job for "free", or for whatever they may be offered to do it (would that cost be too low? Well, the point is that those who use the arguement that I'll do it for free are those who will reject any sum unless disproportionally high, which leads me back to my statement about a pay raise if I take it).

I leave this topic the way I always do, if those who feel us low timers are taking the jobs for free, or for a vastly underpaid status, what is your alternative that will allow us to build time and not offend you in the process?

So far, none has been tendered, internships and corporate training programs are not enabled, because as of yet, the operators do not see the need to outlay the $$$ for such, they will lower hiring standards to grab those of us approaching them first ...

(Right now RW-1 has completed his paperwork for his first job, but alas, is awaiting students to instruct ... but I'm not feeling that I'm undermining anyone there.)