PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you believe Mrs May?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2018, 09:56
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
And you have fallen for the standard Telegraph/Sun/Mail trap
There are still many in our society taking the Social Security system for a ride.
I am far from being a Grauniad reader and a very long way from being left wing but what is your answer?

The country is broke and in debt, there is nothing in the war chest and we are, shortly after 2019, going to have to stand on our own 2 feet in the world with a crumbling infrastructure and failing NHS.

Mrs May's magic money tree is compost and everything in the country has been cut and cut again (for good reason - to try and reduce the debt).

Our tax levels are not punitive by any stretch of the imagination but our debt levels, both personally and as a country, are ridiculous as we struggle to keep the economy 'growing' by getting people to spend more.

I don't have a utopian solution but unless something changes, the dystopian future will seem very bleak by comparison.

Unless Mrs May sorts her life out, there will be a general election this year and comrade Corbyn will get in and try to spend his way to the promised land - I'd rather pay a bit more tax thanks.