PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyber Bullying Pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2018, 01:42
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakecharma
Elzicho, are you serious? “Security sensitive”....puhlease...

Just go to any book written on aeroplanes or any aviation mag, or airliners.net and you can find a pic of just about any flight deck you choose.

I have not see any policies regarding the taking of pics in the flight deck. I have seen a social media policy though..
Not my words Snakecharma, but the Flight Deck is one of many areas where photography was either limited or outright prohibited. Mounting a GoPro camera or similar to film “gate to gate” is definitely prohibited as its not an approved mount/mod and thus the device is not securely stowed for takeoff and landing. For example, EFB mounts for iPads etc require regulatory approval and a lot of red tape.

Social media policies are also in place, and limit/prohibit what a person can post online that identifies them as an employee of the Airline e.g. while in uniform. So flightdeck selfies, in uniform, is a double edged sword.

I’ve flown for 3 Airlines in the past 10 years (roughly) who all had similar policies, which these Instagram pilots would be in breach of.

And let’s be honest, just because you can find a photo on the internet, doesn’t mean it was taken legally...