PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Eastern European training into traditional UK/Western European carriers
Old 1st Jan 2018, 15:37
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60N

What do you mean by 'Eastern Europe'? That's a fairly large generalisation to make, schools there are much like schools here ... consisting of the good the bad and the ugly.

Presuming you're referring to one of the larger schools such as BAA, then personally I can't see why you'd stand any better chance at employment on a western carrier than if you went to CTC/OAA/FTE. Yes those airlines have large partnerships with BA, Virgin and easyjet, but in the last 12 months or so, how many of their untagged graduates have actually gained employment with any of those airlines?

You haven't got to go too deep on these very forums to see there are quite a number of CTC (or L3, whatever you're having yourself) graduates who have no job and there is no job in sight either. The hold pool is full and only getting larger. The situation at OAA is said to be even more Grim, think they only have easyjet who on the rare occasion dip in and BMI regional who every now and again nip a few, that's it. What on earth is all the extra cash for? To say you went to 'oxford'?

However I can tell you of more than a few BAA graduates I know personally (modular and integrated) who have gotten jobs with Wizz air via the school, and also some who got jobs with Ryanair ... fairly decent jobs for new license holders. Going to an eastern european school hasn't harmed them, I doubt there's anything stopping them going from RYR or Wizz to BA, VS or whoever else you want.

It's not quite as simple as East = Bad and West = Good. There's also Bartolini, who I hear are doing a decent enough job of producing pilots, many of which have joined ryanair.