PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Jan 2018, 12:26
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Divertnow
This is a rumour site afterall but I’ve heard the pass mark is down to 50%!?
Happy to be corrected.
You may have some career aspirations of flying long haul, wide body etc etc? I did and I have no regrets (yet). The network is huge and you would hopefully gain some good experience but I feel my time is up on this place and I don’t see things improving any time soon. I am not current on the recruitment process but there’s plenty of info on prune and some of it is even true 😜. Just remember the bond is now 5 years, Dubai is extremely expensive and your roster and leave situation will likely be less than desirable to say the least.
Good luck
And getting more expensive by the day. VAT (GST) introduced today at 5%, cigarettes and certain drinks have already gone up by as much as 100% as a result of other, product specific, taxes. Car parking fees are rising substantially and the catchment area is spreading. The opportunity to mitigate some of these costs by shopping down route has now gone due application of stringent customs rules for crew,
No pay rise at all last year, less than inflation pay rises for as long as I can remember and the present 'cut costs at all costs' political directive almost guarantees no pay rise at all this year.
Aircraft parked at DWC, cabin crew recruitment suspended, letters to all cabin crew basically threatening dismissal if they go sick over the festive season, pilots fired when retraining would have sent a much better message to the entire workforce.
Until EK management realises that they can't gain anything by treating people the way that they do, then things will only get worse.
And if they ever start being nice, it will only be because the business model requires it. As soon as times get hard again you can bet your last fil that the big stick will come out again.