PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120 12 year
Thread: EC120 12 year
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2018, 11:08
heliturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in january 2017 I bought a 2004 Ec120 with close to 3000tt
got the 12 year inspection done in Montréal by a shop, referred by Airbus ,who has done quite a few, for Under 400 hours and less than 30k in parts, fortunately all AD were done and no big issues came up, no corrosion, a few cracks on the engine compartment, alos the turbine had reached its limit, so it was out to TurboMeca in the US, 250k and over 3 months it came back as good as new, zero time with full mfg warranty, they loaned me a turbine in the meantime.
I could not be happier, after 800 hours on a RavenII, its a totally different machine, and I agree it cannot be compared to a Robinson, be it a 44 or a 66.
I now have over 100 hour of operation in 6 months without the smallest snags or issues...just pure pleasure and safety.

my total cost is well Under the price of a new 66, but I have years, if not décades of pleasure, it will survive me for sure, the 505, as equipped is well over 1,5mm us, well above a reasonnable used 120....and definitely not the same, although they are manufactured here in Montréal.