PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 1st Jan 2018, 03:07
Ollie Onion

Received 219 Likes on 75 Posts
Look, the true damage for Jetconnect was done at the last contract negotiation. I remember chatting to a Jetconnect pilot/negotiator in 2013ish when both Jetstar and Jetconnect were in CEA negotiations and the Jetstar pilots had just served a notice for industrial action against Jetstar to 'further' their CEA. The Jetconnect guy told me that they were going to accept absolutely minimal improvements as 'now is not the time to ask for money due to Qantas being in such a bad position'. Now you are trying to play catchup, even though Qantas is doing well you are getting the whole 'must be within the pay freeze and overall 3%' line. The CEA that Jetstar NZ landed in 2013 was a massive improvement and lept them way ahead of Jetconnect so this time around they just took the payfreeze and the 3% overall along with winning in the Supreme Court over meal breaks secured an additional payment and ongoing compensation leading Jetstar to edge even further ahead. How you could accept anything less than a group 'low cost' carrier based in the same country is beyond me.