PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2017, 04:21
Seamin Stains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
It seems, no matter how good you are, or your previous excellent record, you really are only as good as your last sector.
So True!!
I remember my early days as an Aviator doing that Canarsie VOR 13L/R approach hand flown raw data in low vis looking for the lead in lights. Later my 1st wide body Command being checked into Hong Kong on the famous Checker board approach. Both scenarios were the same. There was no FMS/FMC RNP/AR /RF issues. And the result was always the same every time!! "a happy landing! Even in a 25-30 kt crosswind!! We were trained in the sim TO FLY THE AIRPLANE!!!!
However for whatever the reason, we have been brow beaten by the Airlines and the Industry into being computer programmers and to following procedures like ants on a sugar fix! Common sense and critical thinking is illegal.
With the added Arab twist that if you make a mistake even though you followed that procedure, and the approach and landing was successful. Depending on who you are, they will find another procedure that you missed and nail you for it!