PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2017, 13:48
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
HH
Well actually i think my point is entirely right when it comes to country of registration/domicile call it what you will.

its why Aeroflot aircraft have Bermuda registrations and many US companies have their European HQ to ireland a very small part of the overall EU market in order to get low corproation tax.

We hear so much about the pro business environment that UK has that i still do not understand why IAG s registered office and therefore where all the key decisions are taken and board meetings are held is in Madrid and not London. It doesnt seem that other big international groups are based there unless they are primarily involved with Spain and latam and the biggest part of IAG is BA whose primary business is elsewhere.

it also emans off course that where there is the potential for direct Government intervention with BA through IAG in the form of tax breaks or penalties or other key financial incentives or burdens they will be imposed by Spain or the Eu as Uk Government has no influence at all other than on regulatory matters mostly those affecting LHR .