PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 30th Dec 2017, 13:22
Jerry Springer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havick

Do you have any AG time in an 802 air tractor? That’s a good start for getting into fixed wing fire world. The company here in the US that I flew B212 and B412’s for in fires had their 802 fixed wing pilots on $1000USD/day + per diem +$500/Flight hour flown on a 12 day on 2 day off roster.

I’m here in the US on a green card (wife is American), so I do have a pathway to a major here.
Thanks for the info...I have just a few hours AG...no 802 time...Low Level experience via mustering in QLD, Mountain Time from bush flying in the Yukon, Canada.
I have 7,000 hours total time, several thousand hours turbine amphibious float time, including 500 hours on Twin Otters on floats (Maldives). I have an FAA ATP.
Without the 802 time, and only a few hours Ag, I can’t get a job on a Fireboss - though I do have ample float time for it...hence in terms of firebombing, probably only an FO on a multi-crew aircraft would be open to me (and probably not even that, unfortunately!)

My current long-term job might be coming to an end, hence I’m looking around for other opportunities.
90k is great as an FO...I’d be interested in pursuing that, just a pity it would not lead onto anything in the USA beyond that for me - given the Green Card situation.
I’m in my mid 40s...too old for a regional in the USA?

Well done on you soon to be upgrade!