PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset Niggles
Thread: Headset Niggles
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2017, 10:51
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old cheap bastard me is feeling flush and considering living large by splurging on a pair of noise cancelling headsets! I’ve had the same DC’s for 25 years and they work fine but I had a discussion with my brother (who’s also tighter than a ducks arse) who has just spend $350 for a pair of NC fancy headsets he uses when he’s a passenger on transatlantic flights, he reckons he steps off the flight more refreshed and relaxed after wearing them and that he could not believe the amount of ambient noise on an aircraft when he removes them during the flight. This got me thinking that after long cross countries in my puddle jumper I’m always physically and mentally knackered and maybe a pair of NC headsets would reduce that. Also the guy that owned the plane before me had separate 6 pin NC ports with ship power headset jacks installed in addition to the regular 2 prong jacks, and it seems such a shame not to use them, well that’s my justification for spending a hellacious amount of money on something I don’t need. Or do I have my priorities all screwed up and should skip the headsets and continue to spend my money on booze and fags?