PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2017, 10:49
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a few of my airlines there have been occasions where I was in the cabin and using the PA to inform the pax about this or that. I thought it the obvious thing to do, even if their first language was not English; the message got across and we all became a team, patient and helpful to each other. The biggest complaint of pax, especially those delayed at an airport listening to useless PA's over the tannoy about further delays, is 'lack of information'. Information & being treated with respect as the fare paying customer goes many leagues to defusing a problem.
In every instance the F/O & cabin crew said they had never seen that before in the airline. I asked around about the content of command courses and never was PR and total leadership included in the upgrade syllabus. It was all about SOP's, CRM and OPs A, plus the requisite handling. Sadly, in these days of 4 years to command at 26 it is even more necessary to explain and teach the meaning of total command. Its importance is not appreciated by the training departments. It should be a requirement from the CEO. The captains are ambassadors of the company; thus making it a further shame that too many companies do not promote company culture, loyalty, respect, pride and honour a little more. Indeed they sometimes create the opposite.
I hope the captain received a 'Well Done' and more from ez.