PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Dec 2017, 21:02
Lepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The talent pool is completely stopped right now. I'd say there are around 300 pilots (Captains and FOs) waiting for a date of join. Nobody has received start dates recently and some with confirmed start dates had them withdrawn and were sent back to the talent pool.

The blockade has caused some changes in QR growth plans and they're reviewing their manpower requirements for the future. So until the new fiscal year, which starts on April, don't expect much movement in terms of hiring. I believe they'll continue doing roadshows and inviting people for screening in Doha, but don't expect a date of join sooner than a year after joining the talent pool, except for candidates who are rated and experienced on the B777/A330.

There are a lot of candidates who were screened in Jan/Feb/Mar who are still on the talent pool waiting for some news. They have also extended the maximum talent pool permanence period from 12 to 18 months. From April on QR should probably have a clear picture of their new requirements and things should start heating up again in terms of hiring.

So patience is the key word for now. And I would also recommend a backup plan.