PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2017, 20:55
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
WHBM

Re baggage

Don't BA use their own baggage handlers at T3 or have they outsourced everything that isnt T5

re LHR R3 and competition I have often wondered why IAG is HQd in Spain-it was way before Brexit and BA is much much bigger than IB and I have to say i havent really seen any other large corporations moving HQ to Spain either.

Of course with brexit UK Govt will have no influence whatsoever about what BA do at LHR as both the airport and the airline are effectively Spanish now and when the country needs an efficient global hub to allow for all these global trade deals the Govt pretend we will get we need a proper mega hub level airport to handle long haul expansion . Its no good saying SH traffic would reduce because Europe is just too close not to continue to do business with as the UKs biggest partner but in terms of supporting a global trading outlook we can no longer support the modern equivalent of a merchant navy (BA) or the Port of London (LHR) so it would seem LHR expansion is important brexit or not but the decisons will be taken in Madrid not in London