PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG crash
Thread: PNG crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2017, 12:33
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mudpig
No wrong. I can assure you they certainly were not there. The only chopper at Nadzab at lunch on Saturday was a blue 406. That departed not long after in the opposite direction towards Watut.
There was talk that it did a run up to the general area on Sunday morning for a wee look. But came back reporting nothing found.

It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that the Hevilift chopper turned up. By which fairly late in the afternoon weather became a factor and they had to defer till Monday morning.

NCA made some runs up to the area Saturday afternoon and located a possible location. They again went up Sunday morning and left a team at the nearest strip to attempt to reach the site by foot. Ultimately they couldn't reach it.

Tuesday morning a Porgera rescue team member rapelled to the wreckage and declared our fellow aviator deceased.

A sad sad few days for PNG aviators.
Blue sky's forever brother.

With due resects, you talk as if on location. What did you do?

I know when I was involved in a lost aircraft of a friend/group, I sent out every resource available in the hours before it was taken over by the official SAR.

I personally wore some cost, but that was never a issue or concern. I said fill up and search - to me that was my guarantee to pay whatever the cost.

Bad weather was also a factor in that accident and one never found.

But we gave +100% effort as private individuals.