PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2017, 10:23
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Ba baggage allowances and on line check in

Had an odd and annoying experience travelling back from Prague yesterday.

Three of use went out before Xmas on very cheap business class ticket but cost prohibitive on return so that was in Y . However BA let you have the full J class baggage allowance on the return sector on these occasions (I believe they are trying to stop this in true Cruz fashion.) My itinerary confirmed same baggage allowance out and back.
Go to online check in and all three of us come back with you have no checked bag allowance.

More than slightly worried about what the cost of four bags at airport check in rates would be I called BA customer services -(to say they were utterly useless is a huge understatement, Asian agent didn't even know phonetic alphabet -where Prague is- are you on a long haul flight, ) but go no where near even discussing the problem.

Get to PRG very busy and have a long wait as we are in the problem line not bag drop . explain situation to charming check in agent and he says well on my screen is says 2 bags per person and that's what you are getting.

So all well in the end but a worry overnight .

How can this sort of thing happen though, I thought that airline systems had checks and balances to ensure pax and bags matched up and it was a real concern to the point hat we thought about leaving some things behind and repacking bags to at least get them down to three .

Any one had similar problems?

Ona happier note

great Xmas deal from Heathrow parking getting meet and greet in T3 for less than the cost of my normal cab fares and less than half sticker price.

And some praise for Prague airport-not the biggest I know but super efficient car hire return 50 M from Terminal 1.

Very efficient automated boarding pass and immigration checks on departure together with a super helpful multilingual overseer for people whose passports wouldn't read or put wrong item in wrong machine. Big contrast at LHR on arrival where numerous purple coated drones who barely spoke English drifted around immigration doing nothing at all and with all but three auto gates closed and those that were open couldn't be seen as you walked into the immigration hall. Prague security very nice too -although perhaps the Russians departing from the adjoining gate might not have shared that view as the Czechs seemed to enjoy barking slavic orders at them for once