PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paspaley Mallard
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2017, 23:02
Jerry Springer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ixixly
Little more info from yourself would be useful JS.
Thanks dude. I have about 7,000 hours total time, mostly all in amphibious turbines, including multi-engine turbine floatplanes. CASA ATPL, FAA ATP, Canadian CPL, EASA CPL. Right to live and work in Australia.
I didn’t bother listing that before as it’s not relevant to what their terms and conditions currently are - which is what my question was about.

I have not worked in Australia for awhile, so I’m not up with the award anymore. I doubt there is even an award listed for Multi-Engine Flying Hull.

From what I understand they don’t advertise for Captains as there are very few of us from/in Australia with Multi-engine seaplane time. They simply can’t find qualified people, so they upgrade from their Co-pilots, who are easier to hire.

I spoke with them years ago, and the pay was not great so I didn’t pursue it. I’m curious if anyone knows what the pay is now, I might drop them a line, but I’m not sure they’ll give details of term and conditions unless offering a job.

Captains at Air Whitsundays - can’t imagine they are getting paid much these days either, but I hope they are!

Last edited by Jerry Springer; 28th Dec 2017 at 23:18.