PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot versus WSO
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 20:25
Roland sizzers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr desert ranger.

'Seriously dude, pilot aint all its cracked up to be in RAF, you are a weapons delivery system or bus driver'

It would appear that you are the latter, or am I mistaken. 15 years as a weapons delivery system and very happy too. Just spent 1hr doing air combat, mostly in my nom de plume manouever, and can't see how ferrying grotty oiks to Benidorm could possibly compare.

Biggest problem for Wizzo is the declining number of ac. Typhoon taking over all but the GR4 fast jet wizzo, leaving tankers, MR2 etc. Addmittedly some chance of power in the MR2 etc jobs but a dying breed unfortunately. Always happy to have a Nav along: who will be the butt of a Typhoon pilots jokes, carry them home when they are pi**ed and then keep drinking until time for changing and heading to the airshow.

My advice is hang in for pilot, they need lots and any other banter is simply OASC trying it on. 1/2 the Navs in the RAF have been thrown a fast ball at OASC. IF you HAVE the apptitude then dig in your heels. You can then join, as the two winged master race, have some fun and ****** off at 40 to fly the rubber dog sh*t shuttle.