PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2017, 13:56
Olympia 463

Fitter2

I think it may have depended or whether you were available to be checked and maybe also on your experience. I only checked a few guys selected by the CFI. You mean no one asked to see your competition licence? You will recall then that it was not a particularly good comp weather wise. I was task setting with the Met man, who had come from Bracknell with his caravan, every morning before the briefing. IFIRC we scrubbed quite a few tasks and shortened others. I also had to check the turn point photos,and when we did fly I was up all night waiting for retrieves to arrive back to get the results out for the following morning. There was a lot of landing out that week. Happy days. I do remember Philip Wills turning up to give out the prizes as well. I think we are seriously off topic now.

Pobjoy

My involvement with the Tiger was confined to checking the oil and filling it up with petrol. Our tuggies were all ex RAF and well up in the intricacies of the Gipsy Major engine which was definitely not my style. I was trained on Merlins and Griffons.

Last edited by Olympia 463; 28th Dec 2017 at 15:30.