PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2017, 02:14
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Ok. You all win. It’s just not possible for us the have the simpler system they have in Europe Canada and the USA where VFR pilots can fly en route and not have to monitor a truck channel of irrelevant calls and constantly changing frequency depending on unique lines on a map. And go ahead giant 40 mile CTAFs as this is the only way that system would work.
Dick, I find myself scratching my head.

You proudly proclaim that your undoubted success is due to surrounding yourself with people who know what they're talking about, and then following their advice. It's a great strategy.

Yet here, you've had input from folks from every corner of aviation, most of whom disagree with your position for clearly defined reasons. And you won't change your view one jot. In fact your only response has been to repeat the same tired old discredited stuff again and again, as though somehow it'll suddenly become valid. And when that temporarily runs out of steam, it's a petulant response such as the above quote.

So, are we all wrong? Or do you only pay lip service to that "taking advice" thing?

As others have said, if you have an argument that stands up, for the right reasons, I'm ready to hear it. But please don't just repeat the same mantra you started with, while completely ignoring any contrary views. You are not the only one here with an opinion, and certainly not the only one with plenty of experience in the real world.

[OPINION]FWIW I am quite comfortable with the system as it currently stands. It took my instructor about 15 minutes to explain it to me when I got back into GA flying, and a couple of flights to see how it worked in practice. It's not rocket science and it works, so why are we messing with it? [/OPINiON]