PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL and time building in the US - which school?
Old 27th Dec 2017, 19:31
TWApilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did most of my flight instruction at Prairie Air Service in Benton, Kansas. The instructor, Herb Pello is outstanding. You stay in guest rooms at his home located on the airport, flying twice a day. All multi-engine instruction is done in his Piper Apache which he's owned for decades. As a result, his costs are low and he hasn't really raised prices much since I received my training there in the early 1990s. The prices for various packages are shown on his website. I received my instrument rating in the multi-engine Apache in about two weeks. I returned for my multi-engine Commercial and again for my multi-engine Instructor license. He is geared for knocking out your training in minimal time, but instruction is very thorough and the best I've ever had. I cannot recommend him highly enough. I would never have succeeded as an airline pilot without the training I received from Herb. And the price cannot be beat anywhere.

Also, Herb is originally from Austria and has extensive experience training European students.

Their website is: www.prairieairservice.com
The phone number is (316) 778-1712