PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2017, 08:58
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Jim- yes we may well have met, the name rings a bell

While it might not have meant to be personal, it certainly felt it when reading your comment and realised that along with many friends of mine, you were also talking about me at this very juncture in my career. I'm not planning on moving again after this move, and to be honest why does someone in EJ need to worry about an expiring 737 rating?

I'm aware of what you're pointing out too, but having a go a FR Captains trying to better themselves (from day one at Easy my net pay (with the type rating fee deducted) along with a far nicer company culture and much improved T&C's is so much better than FR) - why would I sit and wait in FR until a better offer comes along. As I've said I've been in the BA pool for well over a year too. I personally don't see any better DEC jobs in London happening any time soon, do you? - with Monarch and Air Berlin going bankrupt while I waited the outcome of my assessment, I count myself somewhat fortunate they're still calling NTR people.

I don't believe Easy have access to ID90's in other airlines, but I've been on a friends Easyjet staff travel for a few years and used it to commute to my previous base. It was an excellent perk, one FR could provide but don't. I get as a FR direct employee - 6 SBY tickets a year, contractors which make up 50% of the workforce get nothing. EJ you have 4 names on your list where you can change them up to 20 times a year and these people can book and unlimited amount of discounted confirmed tickets that are on staff travel. And yes we get full basic pay during type rating and overnight allowance. I know someone currently on their type rating making the same salary on that course with EJ as I'm making flying for FR...