PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2017, 13:47
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Job Knockey - yes I explained in my post above why I wouldn’t go to BA now as a FO even though they would offer a free rating.

Ratings in RYR are free are they? The basic salary is reduced by £5k a year for 5 years - least the rating is ‘free’ though :/

In EasyJet I’m not having to pay upfront for a rating and the pay there has gone up by £7k gross a year in the time since I applied.

All I hear is the same old arguments.

People think free type ratings is the most important thing when making decisions.

Two cadets join the industry. One a BA cadet who has to go through CTC to join. The other (myself) went modular and self studied and funded their studies while working full time. At the end of their courses they both had the same licence printed. One owed Mum and Dad £120k and joined BA with a free type rating, the other spent their own £45k on the modular route and then had to fund a £30k type rating- as the same opportunities weren’t available to the modular student.

What world are we living in where you only judge how good an airline is on whether they pay form the type rating or not.

What’s naive is assuming someone like myself isn’t making the best possible decision for my family and I when an opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by VJW; 26th Dec 2017 at 14:08.