PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2017, 11:31
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
As a FR captain shortly to be joining Easy via this method, I can confirm that even with this amount coming out of my net salary, the pay at Easy is so significantly better than FR - I’ll be getting paid at least what I make at FR while these repayments are being made. My TOTAL pay at FR (prior to these naff short term pay increases) is about £10k gross a year less than EasyJet’s BASIC salary...

Additionally, I’ve been in the BA holdpool for over a year. Firstly they won’t call me any time soon, and even if they did the will only pay me if I’m lucky £70k total for the first year. Around £50k less than EasyJet will pay me in the first year - a company who has actually called me from the holdpool. Does it matter to me if EasyJet take £7k/year net from me for 3 years? BA would give me a ‘free type rating’ with a total of £150k less earnings in those three years.

Captain Jim needs to crunch some numbers a bit more I think before he calls any FR Captains naive for going to EasyJet.

Suggesting even remotely that FR is better than Easy has me thinking you need to lay off the mulled wine.

Last edited by VJW; 26th Dec 2017 at 12:00.