PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2017, 10:27
CaptainJim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another LCC scam

The coveted type-rating qualification, required by airline pilots to fly specific aircraft, typically incurs fees of up to £30,000 upfront. With a large proportion of applicants to the airline coming from Boeing 737 operators on lower pay, many of the quality candidates can not afford to follow their ambitions to join easyJet.

easyJet now aims to redress the balance. It’s new Type-Rating Sponsorship Scheme (TRSS) is designed to remove this financial barrier to type-rating, opening up non type-rated Captain positions to those for whom they were previously unattainable.

TRSS enables pilots to spread the cost of type-rating funding across 3 years, as it is taken in increments from their net pay. With 0% interest and no upfront costs, it’s not hard to see the appeal.
Is this a joke? Because it made me laugh and made me feel much better about my job even though I’m away for Christmas. Translation we can’t find enough rated Captains so we are going to try our luck with naive FR pilots who are used to being short changed. Offering to take 30k out of your “net” salary and act like they are doing you a favour, even some of the worlds worst airlines give you a 3-5 year bond for the type rating. I thought Ryanair were bad. Don’t forget after 3 years you won’t be 737 rated anymore under EASAs new rules and will have to pay another 30k to go back to your 737 job. Unless you want to spend time and money keeping current every year. I think I’ll get into the TRTO business like Easyjet if experienced pilots are now this stupid. Very insulting!The race to the bottom continues

https://careers.easyjet.com/reclaimi...o-type-rating/

Last edited by CaptainJim; 26th Dec 2017 at 11:03.