PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2017, 08:15
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
I would consider something around 10,000 for the first month of operations on SEN-DUB to represent a very successful re-launch of the route. Anything below 7,500 would be somewhat disappointing.
DC3 Dave

The above is what I actually said a couple of weeks ago so 8,620 for DUB in November is reasonable in my opinion. When the route was operated previously it proved quite seasonal in terms of demand so I would be looking for 12,000 per month next summer.

tophat27dt

The numbers aren't as low as that as you've over estimated the number of flights. I calculate a 58% load factor on DUB, 35% on GLA and 32% on MAN. While there's some work to do on GLA it's perhaps a slightly better number than I would have predicted. I assume SEN-MAN was launched partly to provide a through feed onto Flybe's extensive onward network; hence the 3 x daily schedule. If those connecting flight numbers don't meet expectations perhaps it might become the 2 x daily operation that it already is for most of January.

Last edited by Expressflight; 26th Dec 2017 at 10:41. Reason: slight amendment to figures