PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA-28 Archer Technical Information?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2017, 23:22
GeorgeJONeil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies for the delay in replying, Christmas and all...!
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Hello George.

As someone who owns a 77 Archer the subject of wheel spats is one close to my heart as the pre 78 models had smaller spats and not the 'pants' common to most peoples impression of the aircraft. The difference is that the earlier ones are worth 3-4 knots and the full leg pants around 7-8.

If you would like me to forward the relevant performance graph from my POH I would be happy to do so. PM me an email address and I'll mail it over.
Thanks that would be fantastic! However, I cannot seem to find any way of sending a PM (Maybe due to probationary status?)

Originally Posted by YODI
If you can get to Elstree I can get you to a plane to measure the spats up, in fact I think I have some in the Hangar
That would be beyond helpful! It would be a case of organising a time and date. I would need to return to my university first to see if they have any newfangled metrology equipment that I can borrow to make life easy.

Originally Posted by B2N2
Alternatively you may want to get in touch with the companies that actually design and make ( aftermarket) “speed” parts like
(Links)

I’m sure they’ll be happy to help an engineering student.
Thanks! I will be sure to drop them a line. However, you would be surprised how reluctant some companies are at sharing information even for academia!