PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2017, 16:33
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of rumours plus a few facts that I will concentrate on.

Maybe just under 2 years ago the airport held a meeting with TUI about moving the TUI hangar. No idea of the outcome or even if there was a followup meeting. At that time a plan was seen of a terminal on Wigmore Park with around 40 stands.

Since then the airport submitted two proposals for Wigmore Park and the field next door. The second plan is the revised proposal which involves a scaled back version of the first plan leaving the field next door clear of any development, which will allow the proposed new replacement Wigmore Park to be further way from the 26 end of the runway.

A planning application is about to go in for a new dual carriageway to serve the Century Park business park BUT Wigmore Park is also under consideration for expanding the airport so the business park might never be built, which means the dual carriageway could be for a second terminal.

Now if all the land from the dual carriageway to the hangar line was cleared including the hangar line would there be enough room for a terminal there plus new stands? Probably but not 40 stands which would be required to double the airport.

If the terminal went in Wigmore Park then that would also alter the airports airside and landside boundary. Other locations could be to build a second terminal in the long term car park but again not with 40 stands.

Also heard from a guy in the know and I mean in the know that the airport would like to build a second terminal in the existing CTA.

So the conclusion is with 4 possibilities I have no idea so take your pick.

Last edited by LTNman; 25th Dec 2017 at 20:15.