PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX, KA or... HKA?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2017, 15:22
schweizer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't consider myself special compared to anyone else who has tried to make it work in HK or any expensive city.
Over the years, as an outsider, I have watched the terms and conditions erode in HK aviation, and it deeply saddens me.

All I am wanting to do is return home and finally be close to family and friends.

As you say, we all have a best before date and it is time for me to resume my life.
My passion for aviation has driven me to put my life on halt.
I have lived out of a car next to an airfield and in rooms that simply had a mattress on the floor all in the name of climbing that ladder whilst gaining incredible flying experience.
I move so much in pursuit of this career that I do not have friends, simply acquaintances.

But all my hard work is starting to pay off as I am soon in a position where my flight experience will actually mean something to the HR department and thus, I want to make sure that I am fully prepared for any opportunity I may get back in HK as well as make sure that I can find myself the best package out of what is currently available.

We all have our own desires, and mine is simply to come back to the place I call home and as every year ticks by, I understand my chances reduce.

Last edited by schweizer2; 25th Dec 2017 at 16:02.