PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Korea!
Thread: North Korea!
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2017, 12:17
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beardy
From your very own reference :

You seem to have a strong confirmation bias in your interpretation and not a lot of caution. You also conflate country and race.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...rPGzrX3sJv9YCH

Is a downloadable pdf
Yes, I have read that. I am not sure where your accusation that I conflate "country and race" comes from. If you look at OECD Pisa test ratings, you can see that if we set a reasonably level playing field by comparing only OECD countries - ie European countries, USA, Australasia which all have roughly comparable investment in education (at least compared to minimal education investment in Africa, and higher than average investment education investment in countries such as China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong) - something immediately stands out. OECD countries with very little Afro-Caribbean population (Latvia, Estonia, Iceland, NZ, Norway - score much higher than countries with high proportion of Afro-Caribbean such as UK, France and US).

Making observations like this is not racism - but we really should be addressing these statistics when addressing future immigration policy in UK. As an aside, during my recent trip to China, one former university professor turned politician told me that in his opinion it would be a very long term project for China to become a world football super-power (one of their aims) because they did not have any blacks in their population. He did add, however, that in his opinion their racial homogeneity would ensure that their scholastic achievement and highly technical economy would not be disadvantaged compared to European and US economic mixed-race rivals.