PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbooks, Logbooks & more Logbooks
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 15:50
tartan 42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logbooks, Logbooks & more Logbooks

Can someone help out with information relating to logbooks?
I am about to commence PPL/NIGHT/IMC as a block. Later, I may pursue stage 2 - ATPL DL and hour build, then Stage 3 - MULTI/CPL/IR etc (fairly standard route)...... but for now - just setting my sights on stage 1.

I obviously need a logbook. The common ones are:
CAA CAP 407
Jeppesen European Pilot Loog (JAR)
Pooleys JAR-FCL Logbook

I have noted comments on some previous threads, but really, before I can decide and order (by mail), I need to understand what each has in the way of columns and entries. Right now, I guess I just need something to cover PPL/IMC etc - but if I'm going multi & IR later, it might be better to get one that covers both PPL & commercial (if there is one).

Thus - if anyone would have the patience and willingness to note down the columns from each and respond (or PM) I would be very grateful.

Why not go and take a look for myself you say - well, I'm living in Paris and don't want to fly back to the UK just to check this out. The ones in France won't suit me for long term flying in the UK (when I return).

One other point - is each of the three mentioned above compatible and approved for CAA JAA PPL. I don't want the CAA to reject it in the future.

Thanks - I realise its a lot to ask writing out the column headers etc.

ps - my wife just told me to write it all down in an exercise book !!!! I had to laugh. LASORS sets out the criteria, but does not mention if you can use that criteria in your own home-made logbook. What is the position on this?
T-42