PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2017, 14:49
Graybulls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Anybody still considering joining this outfit should have their medical revoked as they're clearly not mentally secure.”

How very harsh.........I have recently been made redundant after over 19 years service with Spotty M, and as far as I can see the only outfit offering jobs at my current base are RYR. I have a family, kids at my local school, yes I could have tried to follow some of my ex colleagues to Heathrow, Keflavik, Budapest, Gatwick, Vietnam, Doha, etc, etc.

But called me old fashioned, I quite enjoy seeing my kids grow up, so I elected to stay at my home base, instead of opting to commute to southern England or further afield.

There are several of us who have joined, we started over a month ago, we’ve come here with our eyes open, but so far it’s been fine (and yes the joining bonus is paid in month 1!)

We all have different priorities in our personal lives, mine happens to be my home life with my kids, and we therefore make different choices along the way. I would certainly not criticise another professional for taking a path that differs from mine.