PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 15:09
roundwego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do do a "commercial" fight for nothing you are a thief. You are stealing a job from someone who has probably mortgaged themselves to the hilt to get the qualification and may have a family to feed. It has the same affect as breaking into their house and stealing the cash from their piggy bank. Just because you can afford to work for nothing doesn't justify you pushing yourself in front of everyone else in the queue and stealing the work.

It is also similar to athletes taking substances to allow them to beat others - plain cheating.

You should apply for jobs on your merit and not on how much you prostitute yourself.

In the long term you are doing yourself a big disfavour. Once you have got the experience, your job may be put at risk by others flying for free.

Yes we were all newbies to begin with but I can hold my head up and say that I got to where I am now without resorting to underhand tactics -- WILL YOU BE ABLE TO??

Lets outlaw this nasty practice and allow pilots to be paid the wage they deserve.

PS The use of the word "prostitute" above is inappropriate. Even prostitutes would refuse to work for nothing